Talk about breath-taking surroundings! Located in the heart of the Pilbara, Karijini is a haven for the active and adventurous. The national park is the second largest in Australia and boasts some of the most spectacular waterfalls and gorges as well as some beautiful rugged landscapes. The park is 627,422 hectares of spectacular rugged beauty that is best seen from late autumn, through winter into early spring, this means late March through to early November when the weather is at its best.
Some of what you will experience in Karijini:
Hancock Gorge and the stunning Kermits Pool to feel the old country. Great for a swim. Pass through the Spider Walk. Also check out Oxers, Junction Pool & Jofre lookouts
The cool waters of Knox Gorge & Fern Pool are also ideal places for a swim.
Fortescue Falls, then onto a 1.5km hike through Dales Gorge to Circular Pool.
View the stars in the unpolluted skies of an evening and be amazed at the quantity that you can see.
A truly magnificent location for astrophotography.
Staying in Karijini:
There are quite a few options to accommodation in Karijini. Something for every budget.
- Tom Price Tourist Park is a popular and enjoyable respite with clean and modern facilities, well grassed and shaded sites and sealed interconnecting roads. There is a range of budget Tom Price accommodation that is located a short distance from an endless list of things to do in Tom Price.
- Tom Price Hotel Motel Provides an ideal mix of value, comfort and convenience, it offers a budget friendly setting with an array of amenities designed for travellers.
There are a variety of tours available;
- Lestok Tours - conduct guided tours of Karijini as well as Rio Tinto's Tom Price mining operation which is one of the most popular tours in the Pilbara.
- The Flying Sandgroper - their two day tours beginning again in April 2022 - is a great way to experience exploring Karijini, with tours that mix adventure, nature and culture in the most beautiful part of the WA Outback.
- Please note: Lestok Tours 2021 season ends on 31 October. They will resume again approximately March 2022 with the date to be confirmed.
Pick up and drop off:
Heading North to visit Karijini - there is a coach that travels from Perth to Tom Price once a week, leaving Perth on Sundays at 7pm arriving in Tom Price on Monday at 9.20pm. The departure point in Perth is at the Tourist Bus Stop, which is on Wellington Street, in front of the Perth City Train Station. We can pick up from any destination along that route, please refer to our timetable for departure times.
Heading south to visit Karijini - we have a service that departs from Broome on Saturdays to Tom Price every week, though a nights accommodation is required at either Nanutarra Roadhouse, Exmouth or Coral Bay, depending where you’d prefer to spend a little time. The coach leaves the Broome Visitor Centre on Saturdays at 8pm arrives at Nanutarra Roadhouse on Sunday at 9.40am, at Exmouth on Sunday at 1.10pm and Coral Bay on Sunday at 3.10pm. Spend a night in one of these locations and then catch the coach the following day ie: leaves Coral Bay at 11am on Monday, Exmouth at 1.15pm on Monday or Nanutarra at 4.55pm on Monday, arriving in Tom Price at 9.20pm.
Heading out of Tom Price - Integrity Coach Lines depart from Tom Price every Monday evening for Hedland, Karratha, Exmouth, Coral Bay, Carnarvon, Geraldton or Perth. If travelling to Broome then a Wednesday departure from Auski Roadhouse is the easiest way.
Karijini to Auski Munjina Village - Not everyone can stay a week so as of 2 June 2021 the Auski Munjina Village will provide a shuttle service for our passengers from the Karijini Tourist Centre to Auski Munjina Village so that they can continue their journey with us. More information about the shuttle service and a suggested Karijini itinerary to assist with planning is;
- Monday evening – depart the Integrity Coach Lines bus at The Tom Price Tourist Park (or other accommodation of your choice)
- Tuesday – explore and climb Mt Nameless which is behind the Tom Price Tourist Park, take a swim or do the *Lestok tour.
- Wednesday – take the **Lestok Day Tour into Karijini National Park and visit the awesome gorges and see the wonderful display at Karijini Visitor Centre.
Lestok will drop you back to the Karijini Visitor Centre by 4pm. From there, catch the Auski Munjina Shuttle service that will then take you to the Auski Munjina Village where you can either catch the Integrity coach later that afternoon to Hedland or travel onto Broome. Alternatively book a relaxing night’s accommodation at the Auski Munjina Village for travel south towards Perth for departure on Thursday.
Bookings are a MUST for all aspects of the Karijini experience from accommodation to tours, to the shuttle. As the shuttle is an introductory service, for now, can only be made directly with Integrity Coach Lines either online or by contacting the office on 08 9274 7464 during office hours.
*Mine Tour - minimum number of 6 pax apply and pick up for the Mine Tour is from Tom Price Visitors Centre only
** Gorge Tour - minimum number of 2 pax apply (can purchase 2 tickets and if someone else books, receive a full refund on the second ticket)
If you are basing your Karijini visit around the Lestock Tours, we recommend contacting Lestock for full tour details along with their terms and conditions prior to booking our services.
Find out more and book now!
Learn more about your Karijini adventure and how you we can get you there as part of your Hop on Hop off pass. Alternatively, contact us to learn more about us or to make a booking call 089 274 7464.