Visa information

There are so many great places to visit in WA – and it all starts with getting the right travel visa.

Which visa should I get to travel Western Australia?

There are different visas you can apply for, depending on how long you plan to stay and how you want to spend your WA holidays.

Holiday visa

  • Permits you to stay in Australia for three months

  • Does not permit you to work

Working holiday visa

  • Permits you to travel in Australia for 12 months

  • Permits you to work in Australia for 12 months

  • You can obtain a second visa by completing 88 days of regional work

How do I apply?

Know which visa you need to travel Western Australia? You can apply online by clicking here.

How much does a visa for holidays in WA cost?
You’ll find all the information about the cost of visas for WA holidays at the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

Want to learn more? Tourism Western Australia can help you find out about the best places to visit in WA. Alternatively, visit our FAQs page for general information, or read our packing hints. You can also contact us to learn more about us and make a booking today!