Things to do in and around Perth during the winter months
When we say winter, we don’t really mean wind, rain, hail and storms. Yes, winter has all of these things, but not every day and it shouldn’t put you off exploring Perth and surrounds because there is always so much to do!
- Visit the markets – Perth and surrounding suburbs are plentiful when it comes to the market scene. Choose from fresh produce, locally fashioned clothing and jewellery, books, plants, recycled items and more! There is something for everyone.
- Hike the trails – the outer metro area is full of walking, hiking and biking trails. You even have the choice of hills, river and ocean walks!
- Take in some culture – there are museums, libraries and galleries all over where you can entertain yourself for hours without even realising it. Learn our history, read up on our culture and view some amazing works of art. There is something on show for every style and taste.
- Take a boat ride – whether it be the ferry ride over to the zoo, a cruisy cruise down the swan river or a gondola ride from Elizabeth Quay, your day will be amazing and full of excitement.
- Jump on the train to Fremantle and check out the Maritime Museum, take your ‘get out of jail free’ card and join a Fremantle Prison Tour or choose a delicious meal from one of the many fantastic eateries.
- Get your skates on - Ice and Roller are the options and both will get your exercise quota up for the week!
- Watch a game of footy – AFL or WAFL, it doesn’t matter as both are a great way to pass some time, learn about an Aussie sport and get vocal with the locals! For an extra fun time, watch a game on the big screen with a few mates and a meal at the pub.
- Book a cultural tour - Learn about Perth’s unique Aboriginal culture. Tours give a better understanding about the traditional people who are local to the area and share their cultural traditions.
- Walk the walk – and let your guide talk the talk! Book an interactive walking tour with knowledgeable guides to learn about the art, food and all kinds of history around Perth. For a bit of fun, there is also a scavenger hunt!
Sometimes being indoors during winter doesn’t equal comfort and fun. Explore your inner child again, get those rainboots on and go jump in some puddles!
Integrity Coach Lines arrive into Perth 4 times per week and have routes both along the coast and inland.
For more details about our services and to view our timetables, visit www.integritycoachlines.com.au