KARIJINI NATIONAL PARK
Tom Price is a working town that sits at the edge of the Karijini National Park, making it an ideal base to stay at while exploring the magic of Karijini.
The scenery in Karijini National Park is fantastic and has to be seen to be believed. It is difficult to describe the beauty of the place with words. It comprises of 627,422 hectares of spectacular rugged beauty that is best seen from late autumn, through winter into early spring. This means late March through to early November when the weather is at its best. The gorges and rock pools are a delight. One of the most photogrpahed places in Karijini is Fern Pool, it is not only beautiful, but you can swim in the cool waters and it also has steps making it easeir to get in and out of. Close by is Dales Gorge and Forescue Falls. On the other side of the park is Hamersley Gorge and Weano Gorge, all different and wonderful to see.
Wish to see more photo's that passengers and employees have shared with us after they have visited Karijini - click here. These are real photo's from real people, no photoshopping, so give you a good idea of what you are likely to see.
Take your bathers, towel, walking shoes, water & food to enjoy each day of exploring.
There are a couple of tours available;
- The Flying Sandgroper - this two-day shuttle service is a great way to explore Karijini, that mixes adventure, nature and culture in the most beautiful part of the WA Outback. The shuttle is ideal for those on a budget who have limited time to spend in Karijini (2 days) and who are reasonably agile. Time to swim in the cool water of the gorges and travel comfortably in a vehicle suited to the area. You see one side of Karijini National PArk one day and the other side the follwoing day. Pick up is from the Tom Price Tourist Park or Tom Price Visitor Centre each day and on the final day can be dropped back to the Integrity Coach to continue your travel to Broome or back to Perth. Swags are available to hire which reduces your accommodation costs.
- LeStok Tours - conduct guided tours of Karijini as well as Rio Tinto's Tom Price mining operation which is one of the most popular tours in the Pilbara. Lestok Tours offer full & half day Karijini tours. With pick up from Tom Price Hotel, Tom Price Tourist Park, Tom Price Visitors Centre and Karijini Eco Retreat plus morning tea and lunch included, this is value packed. Not only are you taking in the scenery from air conditioned comfort but you can also cool down with a swim in crystal clear pools after exploring the walk trails through the gorges.
WHERE TO STAY
There are many places you can stay, however if you are travelling with Integrity Coach Lines then the Tom Price Tourist Park is a good option as the coach sets down and picks up passengers from there.
Wherever you stay in Tom Price, we suggest pre-booking as accommodation does book out at times. The Tom Price Visitors Centre may be able to assist with accommodation options in these areas.
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Heading North to visit Karijini - there is a coach that travels from Perth to Tom Price once a week, leaving Perth on Sundays at 7pm arriving in Tom Price on Monday at 9.20pm. The departure point in Perth is at the Tourist Bus Stop, which is on Wellington Street, in front of the Perth City Train Station. We can pick up from any destination along that route, please refer to our timetable for departure times.
Heading south to visit Karijini - we have a service that departs from Broome on Saturdays to Tom Price every week, though a nights accommodation is required at either Nanutarra Roadhouse, Exmouth or Coral Bay, depending where you’d prefer to spend a little time. The coach leaves the Broome Visitor Centre on Saturdays at 8pm arrives at Nanutarra Roadhouse on Sunday at 9.40am, at Exmouth on Sunday at 1.10pm and Coral Bay on Sunday at 3.10pm. Spend a night in one of these locations and then catch the coach the following day ie: leaves Coral Bay at 11am on Monday, Exmouth at 1.15pm on Monday or Nanutarra at 4.55pm on Monday, arriving in Tom Price at 9.20pm.
Heading out of Tom Price - Integrity Coach Lines depart from Tom Price and every Monday evening for Hedland, Karratha, Exmouth, Coral Bay, Carnarvon, Geraldton or Perth. If travelling to Broome then a Wednesday departure from Auski Roadhouse is the easiest way.
Karijini to Auski Munjina Village - Not everyone can stay a week if you only have a week to spare so if you only have a couple of days to spare then take The Flying Sandgroper shuttle, they will drop you to the Integrity Coach on Wednesday afternoon to head north to Hedland or Broome. If you are heading south, then you would still take the north bound service but depart the coach at Auski Munjina Village, stay overnight and then catch the southbound coach on Thursday morning from Auski to Perth.
Bookings are a MUST for all aspects of this Karijini experience from accommodation and tours, to the shuttle. As the shuttle is an introductory service, for now, bookings can only be made directly with Integrity Coach Lines either online or by contacting the office on 08 9274 7464 during office hours.
*Mine Tour - minimum number of 6 pax apply and pick up for the Mine Tour is from Tom Price Visitors Centre only
** Gorge Tour - minimum number of 2 pax apply (can purchase 2 tickets and if someone else books, receive a full refund on the second ticket)
If you are basing your Karijini visit around the Lestock Tours, we recommend contacting Lestock for full tour details along with their terms and conditions prior to booking our services.
What to expect on an Integrity Coach Lines journey
1) Short comfort stops approx. every three hours. This allows you to stretch your legs, use facilities at the roadhouses (there is also a toilet on the coach) and purchase food and drinks it you wish. You may also wish to bring dry snacks or meals that do not have distinctive odours such as eggs and tuna. And, of course, your water bottle is most welcome.
2) Capture glimpses of various towns along the way if you are using an Express ticket (point to point ticket). If you are using a Hop on Hop off pass then you may wish to stop and enjoy other towns for a couple of days rather than just pass through. The choice is yours!
3) Friendly, Personal and Knowledgeable Drivers. Drivers are knowledgeable on all locations and can provide tips and hints as needed. Two professional drivers per trip will ensure that they are well rested to get you to your destination safely. Best of all, they are a friendly crew that are very approachable.
So, why not catch a bus from Perth to Tom Price or Paraburdoo, or Broome to Tom Price or Paraburdoo and visit Karijini National Park. There is so much to see and do, it really is a magical experience full of adventure. Call Integrity Coach Lines now on 08 92747464.