Travelling on a budget, don’t wish to drive and want to make the most of your RAC discount card by using the RAC Caravan and Holiday Parks? The ideal solution is to use an Integrity Coach Lines Hop on Hop off pass and let them do the driving for you. Use your RAC membership to stay in the renowned RAC parks during your journey.
RAC members save up to 20% on accommodation when staying at RAC caravan and holiday sites. When heading north of Perth they have locations at Cervantes, Monkey Mia, Coral Bay, Exmouth and Broome.
Integrity Coach Lines travel between Perth and Broome several time a week giving flexible options so you can decide how long you wish to stay in each destination.
You can leave to head north from Perth on a Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday or Broome heading south on a Thursday or Saturday.
Below is a sample itinerary leaving from Perth, you can adjust your stay longer or shorter at any location as the Hop on Hop off Pass is valid for 12 months.
- Day 1 Thursday – Depart Perth to Cervantes with Integrity Coach Lines arriving in the evening. Stay at the Cervantes RAC holiday park
- Day 2 Friday – Spend the day on a Pinnacles and Crayfish Factory Tour with Jurien Bay Adventure Tours. (Passengers of Integrity Coach Lines receive 10% discount. Remember to advise you need a Cervantes pickup).
- Holiday Park to Thirsty Point Lookout. Then head to Lake Thetis to view the Stromatolites before wandering down to Hansen Bay Lookout. Take a dip in the ocean and enjoy some beach time.
- Day 4 Sunday – Take the Sea Lion tour in the morning which leaves from The Lobster Shack and see these playful creatures in their natural habitat. If you choose the “upgrade” on this tour then lunch back at the Lobster Shack is included. Meander around town checking out the various street art, the locations are available on your phone by clicking on each picture. Depart with Integrity Coach Lines in the evening and travel to Overlander Roadhouse.
- Day 5 Monday – Arrive at Overlander Roadhouse early morning and use the Shark Bay Shuttle Service to your accommodation at the RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort (leave your bags at reception as it’s a little early to check in). Wander down to the beach for 7.45am. Purchase your day pass, meet the rangers and watch the dolphin feeding to see the dolphins up close. Afterwards wander back to your accommodation, complete your check in and if need be, have a little nap before lunch. After lunch locate the Wulyibidi Yaninyina Trail, your day pass covers access to the trail, this is a 2.7km walk and starts at the back of the Monkey Mia Visitor Centre, it takes you on a route where you will see the vibrant red dunes, tidal flats and beach.
- Day 6 Tuesday – A day of choice (or stay a couple of days long longer if you wish to do several of these things) - take a Monkey Mia Cruise with Perfect Nature Cruises, book tour to see the Francois Peron National Park, World Heritage Drive (which includes the popular Shell Beach), Steep Point Day Trip (which is the most Western Point of Australia) through Shark Bay Coastal Tours. Looking for something to do in the evening, consider Wula Gura Nyinda Eco Cultural Adventures offer a Didgeridoo Dreaming night tour of head down to the beach as the clear skies are perfect for star gazing.
- Day 7 Wednesday – The shuttle leaves in the early hours of the morning from the RAC Monkey Mia Resort to take you to Overlander Roadhouse where you board Integrity Coach Lines to Coral Bay. You arrive in time for morning tea at Coral Resort Bakery as you make your way to the Ningaloo Reef Resort, which is the RAC Resort in Coral Bay. Take a walk along the beach, wade in and explore the reef, some of which is just a few steps offshore, take a swim and explore the town. In the evening head up to the viewing platform and catch the sunset over the bay.
- Day 8 Thursday – Explore the marine park by booking a tour with Coral Bay Eco tours who give 10% discount to Integrity Coach Lines passengers on a Marine Eco Tour. Depending on your interests and the time of year you might prefer a Turtle Eco Tour, a Whale Watching Tour or a Coral Viewing Tour in the Glass bottom boat. You may wish to do one tour in the morning and another in the afternoon or you may like to do one and then sit back and relax.
- Day 9 Friday – Take a leisurely breakfast, a last look at the beach and then take Integrity Coach lines to arrive at Exmouth in time for a late lunch. Check in to the RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park. Wander over the road to the new Ninglaoo Aquarium and Discovery Centre which covers everything from the US Navy base, the Ningaloo Reef System and see some amazing marine life.
- Day 10 Saturday – Between April and July you have the opportunity to Swim with the Whale Sharks. Kings Ningaloo Reef Tours and Ningaloo Discovery both give 10% discount to Integrity Coach Lines passengers. Kings allow observers who don’t want to enter the water to travel out on their boat along with the swimmers. Humpback Whale Tours are available between August and September.
- Day 11 Sunday – Yardie Creek Boat Tours is an ideal way to see the multi-coloured Yardi Creek Gorge . The gorge has black-footed wallies, ospreys, other birds and marine life. There is a bus transfer service from Exmouth to the Jetty (ask Yardi Creek Boat Tours for details when booking).
- Day 12 Monday – Take up a day at Turquoise Bay. Turquoise Bay is one of Western Australia’s best beaches and ideal for snorkelling and swimming. Wander up to the lookout deck which gives great photo opportunities. The Turquoise Bay Bus Service is available from Exmouth.
- Day 13 Tuesday – A day of choices depending what you like. You may like to relax around your accommodation, you may like to book a fishing tour or you might like to go on the “Shothole Canyon and Knife Gorge” tour. Alternatively if time is limited, you may wish to do a “Reef to Range” tour and take a quicker look at some of the Exmouth sights instead of some of the other tours and reduce your time in Exmouth (in this case you may need to leave Perth on a Sunday service so you still meet up with the coaches to Broome once in Exmouth).
- Day 14 Wednesday – A leisurely stroll around town followed by lunch before boarding Integrity Coach Lines to Broome.
- Day 15 Thursday – Arrive in Broome early in the morning and check into the RAC Cable Beach Holiday Park. The Broome Explorer Bus can take you around town. A day pass allows you get on and off and visit the Town Beach Museum, China Town, Willie Creek Pearls Shop, Pearl Luggers Museum, Streeters Jetty, Gantheaume Point, Boulevard Shops, Cable Beach etc. This is the ideal way to get around Broome for the day and see many of the stand tourist locations. As you are staying close to Coral Bay you why not take a Camel Ride in the evening.
- Day 16 Friday – If funds permit Horizontal Falls (full day tour) is an excellent option. Alternatively, there is the Willie Creek Pearl Farm Tour which gives an insight into Pearl Farming. You can arrange pick up with the Willie Creek Farm tour. The tour is very interesting and you must try their damper, it is superb. Depending up on the time of year, you can then head to Town Beach in the evening to see the Staircase to the Moon.
- Day 17 Saturday - A day of choice. There’s the Broome Hovercraft which takes you over the Roebuck Bay tidal flat. See dinosaur footprints and view the wrecks of WWII Flying boats. There is also The Narlijia Cultural Tours or Cruise or take the Broome and Around Special tour, a 3 in 1 Iconic tour that includes Beer, Birds and Beasts (ie: Matso’s, 12 Mile Bird Park and Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park). If you would like to do all of these things, then plan to stay longer in Broome.
For those on the 3000km Hop on Hop off pass, the pass has sufficient km’s to go one-way Perth to Broome or Broome to Perth. You may prefer to take a flight one way. If you have time available then the 6000km Hop on Hop off pass has enough km’s to return so if you have travelled Perth to Broome, you can then return back to Perth. You have the choice of whether to do this in one journey or whether to have stops on your way down like you did on the way up. Integrity Coach Lines do have other locations they also go to and from so this gives plenty of options for flexibility in your travel.
Trips can be shorter or longer depending upon your needs, they can include some or all of our locations. You can pre-book all sectors prior to leaving or add the sectors as you go. In some locations you may want to pre-book your accommodation and some of the popular tours to avoid disappointment. There is no cost to make either sector or date changes on the pass.
If you’d like help with an itinerary for the transport please do not hesitate to contact Integrity Coach Lines on 08 92747464. If you hold a valid concession card, we can check if the Hop on Hop off pass or express concession fares would be the cheapest option for your transport.
If you would like more information about RAC Holiday Parks, accommodation or any of their other services head over to their website or contact a store near you.
Article is written courtesy of Judy Purkiss on behalf of Integrity Coach lines and all thoughts and opinions are that of her own.